Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The boys sure love their daddy!

We have stayed busy with our normal, weekly schedules.  We love having Derek home on Wednesday's when his work schedule allows.  When Derek gets home in the evenings, both boys light up with smiles for their daddy, so Wednesday's are lots of fun when they both get more playing time with him!   

Brigham is really into books right now.  He just giggles and smiles when you read to him, and then crys and hands you the book when you try to stop! 



Snuggling his daddy!


Brigham hadn't been eating real good for a week or more, and had some pretty yucky diapers, so on Monday the 30th, I took him in to get checked over.  He had a snotty nose and cough the week prior, but that had cleared up.  I just wanted to make sure that him not wanting to eat food wasnt due to an ear infection.  His lungs and ears all checked out ok, so him not having an appetite is possibly just a stage, or teething?  We didn't get any answers, but are thankful he checked out ok!  He weighed in at 17 pounds, 10.5 oz., which puts him in the 3.75%.  He is such a peanut, but Dr. McKercher said he had gained a little since his 9 month check up, so he wasn't worried.  If he were to stop gaining, or lose weight, we would need to do something different.   

Here's our little man watching Praise Baby!  He is sitting in the rocking chair I had as a litle girl.

Boston & Derek's fun lately has been 'working out'.  This is NOT my kind of fun, but Boston thinks it's awesome.  He even worked up such a sweat one night he had to take his shirt off!  He came upstairs panting, and asking for a bottle of water!  Now, every night when Derek walks in the door Boston will ask 'Is it a working out night Dad?'

They weren't thrilled I was taking pictures.  I guess it was distracting.. oops!
Boston didn't have his own set of weights so he was lifting basketballs!

We have been wanting to get new light fixtures for our upstairs for a year or so now, so this past week I finally got them picked out and purchased.  When they built our house they put in the whitest, and cheapest light fixtures they could find.  Updating the fixtures is one thing that was suggested to us for when we go to sell our home some day, so figured we would get that done.  Derek spent his entire day off  taking down all of the old, and putting up new.  He swore a lot, and it took him quite a while, but he did it :) He isn't the handiest man in the world, but he is improving!  According to Derek 'It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I chose not to.'  He would much rather hire someone to come in for these types of things, or call my dad :)  The udpates make a world of difference!  
    I think he looks darn good on a ladder!
 The Kitchen
 Living Room
 Foyer

Time to wrap this up.  I need to get the boys' bags packed for an overnight with Grandma Glady.  This will be Brigham's first night without us, but I know he'll do fine, and Derek and I are looking forward to a kid free night!  Hope you all have a great weekend!  The weather is beautiful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...