Pages

Verse A Day

Saturday, July 28, 2012

32.

It was my birthday a few weeks ago.  I LOVE birthday's!  Even celebrating 32nd birthday's are fun.  It means I've lived another year and what could be more awesome than that!?  I'm beyond blessed.  True story.. there are mornings I wake up and think 'Wow, I never imagined my adult life to be this great!'  I have a husband who loves every thing about me.  He works his tail off to support our family and we have 2 amazing little boys who make every day of our life more enjoyable.   
I post a lot of family things on this blog.  Mostly day to day activities of our every day life, and tons of pictures and updates on the boys and their activities and milestones.  So in honor of my birthday I thought it would be fun to talk about ME.  I've been compiling a list of some very random things I'm sure all of you are dying to know about me :)
  • My rebel side would love to have a sleeve of tattoo's on my left arm, and a motorcycle.
  • I have a weird food issue with noodles.  I love pasta, but have a hard time choking it down if it's leftovers or if someone else prepares it.
  • I hate balloons.  I know hate is a strong word, but seriously... I do. not. like. them.  Especially balloons in my car.
  • I rarely nap, but when I do, I nap in my bed.  I am not a couch napper.
  • I prefer to brush my teeth in the shower.
  • There may be a time in my life that I am a surrogate mother. 
  • In our free time, Boston and I play 'Smurfville' on the iPad.  It's insanely stupid, but I can't stop planting and harvesting crops. 
  • I couldn't pick up a book to save my life when I was younger, and now I can't stop reading.
  • I will not open a can of biscuits or cinnamon rolls.  You know those Pillsbury rolls that you peal the paper off and then it POPS and you about drop the thing?  Yah.  Can't do it.
It's been a rough few weeks for me emotionally.  My mom ended up in the hospital with a ruptured appendix last week, and had emergency surgery.  She spent 5 days in the hospital.  She's never sick and way too damn tough, so it was hard to see her hurting and having health issues.  And now this week, 2 families that I know are mourning the loss of a child.  I just can't help but cry for the parents.  I can't imagine the hurt and heartbreak of losing your baby.  I've spent a lot of extra time loving on my boys this week, snuggling a little longer at night & in the mornings and making it a point to tell them all the little crazy things I love about them.  I take them, and a lot of other wonderful things in my life for granted at times and I feel awful for that.  One just never knows when God will come calling you home.   I've spent a lot of time praying this week and remembering the lyrics to this song.  I know my brother in law will get a good laugh out of this post.  I am not a fan of Carrie Underwood, but this song has been on my mind this week so I had to share.  The lyrics are a great reminder. 

'This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.'

'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going.'

  

1 comment:

  1. Such a good post, Jamie, and a wonderful reminder to take life one day at a time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...