I love that you eat all the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms & then feed the other pieces to Jaxon so you can get more. You like to feed everything to yourself now. It makes for a huge mess, but if it gets you to eat, I am fine with it! You are still not a huge eater.. more of a snacker. You have even started to eat your own yogurt & cereal with some milk in your bowl! I have to use the Sesame Street plates & bowls with caution because as soon as you see Elmo you dump your food out with excitement!
Jaxon is always next to you when you eat. Some times we even have to put him in his kennel during meal time because you feed him half of your food! He has gained 5-10 pounds since we got him back in February!
Mama tucks you every night that I am home. The other night daddy offered to tuck you in because I was doing something else, but I just couldn't miss out. I love cuddling you before I put you in your crib. You are always extra snugly when you are tired and I love how precious you are when you fold your hands and smile as I say the 'Now I lay me down to sleep..' prayer. We still give you a sippy cup with some milk in it at night. A not-so-good habit that I plan to put an end to soon, but my thoughts on it are 'It could be a worse habit!'
You love to help yourself to the snack cupboard. I have a 'Honey Do List' for your daddy and one of the things he needs to accomplish this week is getting a latch on that door!
It's kind of sassy.. but hilarious the first few times you did it.. Mommy counts to 3 when you are doing something you shouldn't be, and when I say 3 you get in trouble. Well now that you are getting smarter and can say a few more words you now repeat me saying '1' and hold up your finger at me and grin!
You throw a serious fit when you see Boston or the daycare kids coloring and I won't let you have a marker or crayon. It's not that you are an artist in the making, you just love to eat the crayons and the tips off the markers! Your pink, blue, green or purple mouth are a dead give away that you've been naughty!
Thanks to your older brother, you know to pick up a toy gun and say 'boom boom', or grab two super hero figures and have them fight each other! You also love to grab the Nerf swords and swing them at people!
Linus is the perfect nickname for you. Your blankie is your best friend, besides mom. Funny thing is, mommy's baby book says the same thing when I was your age. Here is a photo of my baby book page for year 1. I love that my mom took the time to write down some of these things for me to look back on.
You say the world Elmo more than you say Mom or Dad and your new words this week are Cheese & Baby! You love to watch Barney, Elmo & the Disney Channel cartoons and you are just starting to get into a few Disney movies. Here you are lounging in your new favorite spot while you watch your favorite Elmo DVD.
Saying 'Cheese' for mommy!
As busy as you are..and as frustrated as I can get at times.. I absolutely love this stage! You have such a cute & fun personality and I love that your little brain is soaking up new things each and every day! You remind me so much of Boston at this age! The days will be quieter around the house now that Boston is off to Kinergarten. It will be different for you too as you love to be around your big brother. It will be kind of special though for you and mommy to have some time alone together. I am so blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home mom & enjoy all these fun memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment