Pages

Verse A Day

Friday, November 23, 2012

Our little elf friend returned!

This morning the kids woke up to see our little elf friend Snoop sitting by the star on top of our tree!  He left a note, and 2 gifts under the tree.  Brigs isn't old enough to get real excited about our elf friend, but the look on Boston's face was pure Christmas spirit!  Boston is looking forward to seeing what Snoop has up his sleeve for the next month!

 Snoop brought the boys matching Christmas pajama's! 
 He is loving his new pj's!  He thought it was pretty awesome that Snoop even knew what size he needed:)
 Brigs has the 'cheese' part down, he just isn't the best at looking at the camera!
 
Our kids are spoiled with gifts at Christmas time.  Santa even stops and spoils them some more.  I know there are some of you out there who don't teach your kids about Santa, and that's perfectly fine.  We do, and that's perfectly fine too!  Even though there are gifts and excitement about Santa on Christmas morning, we DO remember the real reason for the season and celebrations.  I saw this idea on Pinterest several months back and thought it was perfect for our boys this year.  We can have fun believing in a magical elf and remember Jesus at the same time!  
 
Dear Boston & Brigham,
First, I want to tell you that you are extra special little boys!  I know that you are filled with love for each other, your parents, friends and family, but most importantly, I know your hearts are full of love for Jesus!
I have to let you know something important.  You know that whole naughty and nice list that you hear everyone talking about?  Well, truth is, that’s not true.  Santa doesn’t have a naughty and nice list.  Santa knows Jesus, and he also knows a lot about grace and getting what we don’t deserve.  Like when you make the wrong choice and when you choose to sin, Jesus gives you grace and loves you anyway!  And sometimes I know that your parents even give you grace too…like when you lie or don’t obey, and they discipline you, but then give you another chance and love you anyway!
Santa knows that kids aren’t perfect.  Neither are moms and dads (or elves)!  But he knows that Jesus loves you all the time, and so does Santa.  So don’t you worry about being on his naughty or nice list.  If you believe that he comes to your house on Christmas Eve and leaves you a special present or two, then he will come!  You just have to believe!
I know last year I visited your house I was a bit naughty.  I have been hearing all about how to be a good elf, and make choices that God would be proud of.  I thought maybe that while I visit your house this year, you could teach me about the way Jesus loves us even when we sin.  I want to understand and believe Jesus and know that my heart can make good choices too, because Jesus loves me very much!
I am so excited that I get to spend another Holiday season at your house.  I had so much fun last year, and jumped up and down with excitement when Santa said it was time to visit you again!  Santa comes back to get me on Christmas Eve when he will drop off some presents for you.  I know there is one surprise that you are both going to love!
I love you boys so much!
Snoop
P.S.  That was me you saw on TV yesterday in the Thanksgiving Parade! 
 
 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...