Pages

Verse A Day

Friday, June 21, 2013

Less than 3 weeks until baby!

I had my 37 week (36 weeks & 5 days) check up this morning!  I gained a few more pounds in the last few weeks, so am officially over the 20 pound mark.  Belly measured at 36 weeks and I am dilated to a 1, and thinning out.  Progress is great!  Little Mr.'s head is extremely low, and my cervix is hidden behind his head so the exam was not fun.  We are still planning for an induction on Wednesday, July 10th, unless the little guy decides to surprise us sooner.  Only two appointments left!



I definitely over did it the weekend we went camping.  Between loading up the car myself and lifting much more than an 8 month pregnant woman should, to sleeping (or attempting to sleep) on a paper thin mattress in our cabin, I just did not do myself any favors.  I ended up sick the next day, and still have days of off and on nausea.  I am not feeling a ton of pressure yet, but I can tell the baby has moved down lower because his jabs are not near as high as they used to be.

For the most part, I am still getting some sleep at night.  I wake up often to use the bathroom, but can usually fall back to sleep. I try to rest in the afternoon for an hour or two.  Whether it's sitting outside watching Boston play while Brigham naps, or laying down myself, I just try to sit.  If I am up and on the go all day long I am extremely uncomfortable by late afternoon.  I started sleeping with a pillow between my legs at night, which seems to make me a little more comfortable during the night.  For the most part I feel ready.  I've been making a few freezer meals here and there to have on hand for when life is too crazy to cook, and trying to mentally prepare myself for 3 boys :)

The nursery is coming along nicely!  I did a few more projects this past week, and had my dad build me some shelves.  Derek got those hung up this week, so I was finally able to put it all together.  I love how it has turned out, and knowing it was ALL hand made makes it even neater.  A one-of-a kind!

My first craft was a picture display board.  I painted and distressed a wooden frame, and then stapled twine to the back of it.  
 My second project was making some silhouette's of some old vintage cars.  I traced them onto scrapbook paper and framed them.  So simple & so cute!
 Complete! 

The third and final project was for my dad. I wanted some shelves for the nursery, so I found this idea on Pinterest and put Grandpa Ron Ron to work.   
I did the staining and distressing, so he can't take all the credit :)
 I love them!  

 And a fun Chevron blanket I found at TJ Maxx yesterday. 

The only other craft left to hang is his name banner!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...