We continue to stay extremely busy. I just said to a friend yesterday, that most of the time I don't know if I am coming or going. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the craziness right now, and know that in just a few weeks, life will be even busier. I am not sure how that is even possible!? If you have children that are Boston's age, you probably feel the same as I do every June, but it seems like ALL of the activities and camps for kids is crammed into one month. It's nuts. This week he started swimming lessons (which is 5 days a week for 2 weeks) and continues to have baseball two nights a week. Last week he had Bible School and baseball in the evenings.
Warming up to bat!
Playing 2nd Base & getting an out!
We did something different this year for Boston's birthday. We had been doing two birthday parties for several years. One with his friends, and another with family. It ended up being a ton of work, so this year we had him chose one or the other. He chose a party with his friends, but not that he loves his friends anymore than he loves all of his family. It ended up being SO much fun for Boston! He got to spend one on one time with each of the grandparents & even his Aunt Shana & Uncle Jason. His birthday celebrations ended up lasting an entire week, rather than just a few hours. We will definitely continue doing this in the years to come.
Last Friday, Glady & Les picked Boston up around 2 for an afternoon of fun! They went mini golfing at Thunder Road, took Boston to Target and let him pick out a gift, had an early supper at McDonalds, and spent some time just playing and putting together his new Ninjago lego set. He came home laughing and telling stories about the 'toads' in grandma and grandpa's backyard :) Boston was also quite proud that he beat his grandma in golf!
Monday afternoon this week, Jason & Shana took him for a few hours. They started off with a treat at Cherry Berry & then went to the County Fair in Brandon for some arcade games!
The weather is finally warming up, so we are outside as much as we can be! The boys play really well together (most of the time) so I can usually just sit and supervise.
Brigs thinks he's a pretty cool dude on his new Strider bike! He's really starting to cruise around on it.
Today we made our first trip to Wild Water West! Derek had the day off and the weather was nice, so it was the perfect day. One set of eyes for each kid. Brigham isn't real brave in the water. If he gets his feet wet we are cheering 'Go Brigs!'. Hopefully he starts to enjoy the pool more. I don't ever remember Boston being such a wimp about the pool at this age so not sure what his deal is. He did venture out into the wave pool with Derek for awhile and he enjoyed himself, but then didn't want to go back in and try it again. I've got one kid that is too brave, and one that needs to toughen up!
One last bit of excitement ais that our fireplace is complete! After months of going back and forth on idea's and options, Derek and I finally decided on something that we both liked! We love how it turned out. It makes the entire basement seem so much more complete!
No comments:
Post a Comment