Pages

Verse A Day

Monday, December 9, 2013

Bronx-5 Months

Bronx is 5 months old today!  It's been a rough month for the little guy, but I hope we have figured out his issues and/or his little teeth pop through soon!  Both of the older boys had 2 teeth each before 5 months.  So far, nothing for Bronx! Not even little white specs!  Speaking of teething.. you know that cute little beaded 'teething' necklace I mentioned in a previous post?  Yah, i'm not buying it.  It's still a cute necklace though.

After his 4 month check up, he just hasn't been the same baby.  He is fussier, hasn't been sleeping through the night, and even fights his sleep for naps during the day.  For a week or so I thought maybe he was just starting to work on some teeth, but on Wed. Nov. Friday, Nov. 27th, I noticed a few white spots in his mouth again.  Luckily his pediatrician just called in a prescription for him to treat thrush, since he has dealt with this before.  I caught it right away, so it never got real bad, and after a day or two of meds the white spots were gone.  Over Thanksgiving his cranky-ness was at it's worst, so on Friday, Nov. 29th I took him in to see his pediatrician.  He did end up having an ear infection, so we got another antibiotic for that.  Ugh..  as if 2 meds weren't enough, then the first week of December his dryness on his cheek got real bad and red, and even started to spread to his forehead.  I called the pediatrician on Mon. Dec. 2nd and luckily he just prescribed a steroid cream over the phone. We are thinking it is eczema, and after a few days of the cream the dry patches were almost completely gone.  However, just in the last day or so, I have noticed they are coming back, so we are doing the cream again.  If it isn't one thing it's another, right?!

He has still been super fussy at night.  He is fine if we hold him, but as soon as we lay him in his crib, he instantly starts to scream.  A few nights we have even put him to sleep on his tummy because that seems to be more comfortable for him, but doesn't work every time. Finally last night I put some numbing ear drops in his ears and gave him some tylenol.  Little sweetie slept until 3:15 which was a VERY long stretch from his norm lately!  He drank a bottle, and slept again until 8.  He is usually pretty happy during the day, so it's trial and error with him!

I took the paci away on Saturday night.  I HATED that thing.  He would suck it to fall asleep, but as soon as it would fall out he would startle and cry.. I would go into his room, pop it back in, and 30 minutes later we would repeat.. over and over again.  I hid them all.. and he seems to be just fine without it!  Already in just a few days he is catching on to soothing himself to sleep.  He just snuggles his blanket real tight, and that is just fine!

I am giving him some baby oatmeal once a day, sometimes every other day.  He eats it well, but isn't 'needing' it daily yet so we are slowly easing into that as a routine.  Aside from the above, he is growing so quick!  He is wearing 6-9 month clothes and loves the jumperoo!  He hasn't rolled over too much but likes to sit up in the bumbo.  He has a strong neck/back and legs, so I am guessing he will be sitting up in no time!

Bronx is very ticklish!  Every time I take his arms in and out of a shirt he just giggles.  His arm pits must be his tickly spot!  He also is very good at kicking his socks off!  Even though he hasn't been himself in awhile, he still seems to smile & giggle a lot!  He loves his brothers to give him attention, and he also stays very content watching them & the daycare kids running around & playing!  His mommy is his favorite & he has gone from squeeling to 'talking'.

Found his feet!

 Is a pro at ripping down the toy bar and wrestling it!

 His dry patches prior to steroid cream.  You could tell they were itching because he would wake up in the morning with little scratches all over his face.


 Mommy was maybe a little over excited about Bronx seeing his reflection in the mirror.  He has this 'your nuts' look on his face :)
 Enjoying some baby oatmeal!
 5 months old!




He was sound asleep for 2 hours this morning & he ended up missing one sock :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...