Brigham finished up his first session of swimming lessons on Feb. 26th. There was only one other toddler in his class that night (instead of the usual 6-8) so he got lots of 1 on 1, and was able to test and finish up a week early! He did great and made big improvements, so we were very proud of him. He passed and will move on to the next level this spring when he and Boston take lessons together in Tea!
Making sure we are watching him!
Trying not to smile, but he was proud of himself!
Way to go Brigs!
The month of Feb. was Reading Extravaganza month at school. Boston had reading goals to meet each week & they had other fun things going on. This was Boston on wacky day.
He thought it was hilarious to wear my pink socks to school.
On Feb. 27th, the school had a fun night for all the kids that participated. They had photo booth's, popcorn and candy & played a movie in the gym. There were LOTS of kids & Boston had a great time with his buddies! I just enjoyed sitting on the bleachers without the little ones!
Boston & his friend Kaden.
The chaos!
Boston has always had selective hearing like his dad, but lately he has been struggling in school with directions, and just rushing so much on his work. I am sure it's just spring fever, and the need for fresh air, but tonight we started an earlier bedtime routine to see if that helps at all.
He has lost several pennies at school lately for not having his name on his papers, and those pennies are a big deal to those kids! When I ask him why he is forgetting he says
'Oh, cuz I think I am just looking around at other things.'
Boston got a new picture holder from a friend over the weekend. I had no idea he had taken it to his room and put pictures in it, but these were the 3 friends he chose. Jada, Jackson & Luke.
Boston may not be the best listener, but he sure has an imagination! He made laptops for him, Brigs & Oaklee. They sat at the counter 'texting' their friends for almost an hour! He couldn't fit all of his friends' names on the 'screen', so Ja (Jada), K (Kinli) and I love how he spells Oaklee (Olkee)!
So cute!
A special treat for the boys last night... TMNT macaroni and cheese!
Just a random picture of Jaxon after he got a bath and hair cut last week.
He has really aged over the winter. Doesn't hear well, getting a little grumpier & lazier!
This past weekend Derek and I managed to get away, just the two of us, for an entire 33 hours! We headed to the cities about 9:00 Friday morning. My friend Dana kept the boys for us on Friday, and then Grandma Glady & Grandpa Les took over Friday night & all day Saturday. It was so nice that they were willing to stay at our house with the boys. Less packing for me & a much better night of sleep for the boys...maybe not for Grandma & Grandma :) The boys survived & it sounds like all went well, although I am positive if the boys were all monsters Glady would say 'they were as good as gold!'.
Our drive to Albertville was not fun. I wanted to do some reading, but was so worried about going in the ditch I couldn't take my eyes off the road!
Our first stop was lunch & a beverage!
The outlet malls were a little disappointing. Just not as many good finds as I was hoping for, and my shopping partner was a Debbie Downer! He was in charge of carrying my bags.
The ride home was much more peaceful! I highly recommend The Orphan Train for anyone looking for a good book! We had such a nice time away & loved catching up with some friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment