Pages

Verse A Day

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Our 4th.

Our 4th of July fun didn't happen quite like we had planned.  We had looked forward to Derek getting time off work all week, and wouldn't ya know it, Bronx started getting a fever on Thursday the 3rd and just wasn't his normal happy self.  Derek stayed home with Bronx on Thursday night so Brigham & Boston and I could go to the races at Husets with my dad & Lisa.  Brigham had never been to the races before, and he was SO excited.  He did awesome too!  Loved every minute of it and sat good too, which is NOT normal Brigham style!  They put on a great fireworks show at the end of the night, so at least my boys weren't fully deprived of 4th of July fun!


This is a picture of Boston at the races 5 years ago!  
And Brigham's 1st time at Husets!



 Waiting patiently for the fireworks to start!

 Down in the pits after the races!
Boston outgrew his racing shirts, so of course we had to get him a new one!
He got a shirt of Mark Dobmeier!  
Husets World Of Outlaws Champ on July 2nd & he also won on the 3rd!
 I am not a huge Terry McCarl fan, but he was a super nice guy & very nice to the boys!  They each got a checkered flag & a signed picture of his car.  
Poor Granny Lisa got suckered into buying one of his pink t-shirts.  :) 
 Such a fun & memorable night!  The races were an every weekend thing for me growing up.  Friday, Saturday & Sunday night, almost every weekend, we were watching Sprint cars!  
I loved it and have some of the best memories of those days!  
Every time I go to the races as an adult, I catch myself sitting in the stands thinking of those days. 
I still eat tons of race track food, love the dirt hitting my face during the A feature & 
love the roar of the sprint car engines!  
Watching my boys with my dad, enjoying the same fun I did as a kid, is priceless.  
We had our usual 4th of July plans of hanging out with the Elgersma's, attending the parade in the morning & having a grill out afterwards, but they got surprise visitors on Wednesday night and had to cancel their plans with us.  It all ended up working out just fine though, because Bronx just wasn't himself all day.  He was up early Thursday morning just burning up & miserable.  He dozed off with me on the couch for a few hours, which never happens, so I knew he wasn't feeling well. I loved every single minute of the snuggles though.  We did venture out to get some lunch at Qdoba, and the boys played some baseball in the backyard, but that was the excitement of our 4th of July! Poor Bronx continued to have a fever all day, even with tylenol & motrin as often as I could give it.




Poor Bronx just wasn't himself.









Bronx loves Jaxon, but isn't a huge fan of big dogs, or barking!  
He knows that a puppy says 'Ooof Ooof!'
The boys racing their sprint cars down the sidewalk!


Bronx was up a few times during the night again Friday, and he woke up with a 102 temp on Saturday, so I headed right to Acute Care with him at 7:45AM.  I pulled up to the clinic and the parking lot was empty!  We got in to the see the PA, left with a diagnosis of double ear infection, and a red throat, got him an antibiotic (Omnicef) and were back home by 9.  Fastest Acute Care trip EVER! Worked out fabulously because Bronx cried off and on the entire time we were there.

Waiting at Acute Care on Saturday.  Poor buddy just didn't feel good.

Bronx napped from 12-4 that day!  He needed the extra rest!  
Sunday he still wasn't himself, but a little happier and more fun to be around :)  
He woke up wanting to snuggle again, which I loved!  
 His newest thing is wanting to climb stairs!
 No matter what kind of mood he is in, he absolutely LOVES his little car!  

We got suckered into a Toys R Us trip to check out the new TMNT movie figures!  Left the store with 5 of them.  Derek may have been just as excited as the boys!
 I've been wanting a patio rug for awhile now, and we finally found one we liked!  Love how it makes the deck feel like living space now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...