Pages

Verse A Day

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Brigham is a Preschooler!

On Wednesday night, August 20th, Brigham got to go to school to meet his teacher and tour his classroom!  He loved that his whole family went along with him!

Running into the school!
 Boston had Mrs. Korn when he was in 3yr old preschool, so he had fun showing Brigham around the classroom.


Brigham's 1st day of school was Wednesday, August 27th!  I had been waiting for this day..  I love Brigs to pieces, and he really can be super sweet and lovable, but lets be real, he is truly just a hand full for me!  We really weren't planning to send Brigs to two years of preschool like we did with Boston, but when it came time for registration last spring, I was all for it!  I even signed him up and paid the registration fee without Derek being fully on board.  I know the experience will be great for him, and the 2.5 hour break, two afternoons a week, will be delightful for me as well.

He was super excited about starting school!  He kept saying that he was going to cry for me, so we  had a talk that it was ok for him to miss me and be a little sad, but that he couldn't cry because mommy would be back to pick him up after just a little bit of playing.  That first day of school came around and we both cried!  Brigham was just so sad that I was leaving him.  He cried 'Your going to leave me??' like he had no idea that moms didn't go to school with the kids!  It just broke my heart, and then I started to get teary eyed.  I did end up walking with him to his classroom, and when I said it was time for mom to go he did do ok.  He came running out of the school at 3:00 with a huge smile and an even bigger hug for his mommy, and he said he had lots of fun!

Pictures before heading to school!  Brigham goes to school from 12:30-3, so Boston wasn't around for 1st day of school pictures with him.  Not being rushed in the morning is a good thing for Brigham!
 He was SO excited to wear his new shoes!













 'No mommy!  You come with me.'
 Standing in line waiting for all his classmates.  Brigs got to be the Lucky Duck (bring snack & be the line leader) on the 1st day, which was also a fun thing for him! 
 So sad.  This picture just breaks my heart!  
 He tried so hard to be tough and not be too sad.
 Off to his classroom!




 Peaking for mom after school!
 Big smiles!

He's finished up two weeks of school, and so far so good!  I get to school a little early for pick up, so I sneakily watch him play on the playground with his friends.  It's so cute to see him interacting with the other kids and being so happy!  He didn't know of any of the kids in his class,  so he did have some anxiety about that on the first day.  He seems to have made several friends already...with the girls!  He's taking after his big brother!

Here he is next to Mrs. Korn playing a game at recess.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...